Wine 8.0-rc5 Fixes Slow OpenGL Performance with Dark Souls Remastered, Fixes Video Playback for Several Titles
The patch notes mention for this particular release candidate that it should be “the last…before the final 8.0.” Not as big of an update as previous release candidates, but bug fixes we did get for a few titles, including Dark Souls Remastered, Mafia III, War Mongrels, The Medium, and Sherlock Holmes Chapter One.
A total of nine bugs were fixed:
- #26822 Double click the icon in the title bar should close the window
- #32643 getsockopt() does not indicate WSAEFAULT when setting optlen too small
- #45542 WeGame hangs after login.
- #50351 Slow text rendering in dofus linked to fnIMLangFontLink2_GetCharCodePages calling WideCharToMultiByte with CP_UNICODE
- #51227 urlmon:url breaks the wininet:http test on Windows 10 1709+ (7 failures)
- #51906 Multiple games fail to play videos (War Mongrels, The Medium, Sherlock Holmes Chapter One)
- #53408 Dark Souls: Remastered has slow performance with OpenGL renderer
- #53761 Broken rendering in Mafia III: Definitive Edition
- #54283 dinput:force_feedback - test_windows_gaming_input() sometimes crashes on Windows
See the patch notes on WineHQ. Provided that everything goes according to plan we should be seeing the stable 8.0 release within a week or two.
Cover image credit: Frogwares