Steam Deck Client Update Has Shipped to Stable, Hides Desktop Option on Lock Screen and Fixes Performance Overlay
Not too long after yesterday’s beta Deck client update, Valve pushed an update to the Stable branch with these additions. This update brings improvements to the Quick Access Menu, adds an external display safe mode, increases boot video duration to 30 seconds, adds controller-specific glyphs to the Lock screen, fixes for Steam group chats, the Lock screen, the OSK, the performance overlay, and Steam Input. Patch notes are as follows:
- The Quick Access Menu will now open to the notifications tab when you have new friend chat messages, game invites, or voice chat invites
- Notifications for Game Invites in the Quick Access Menu now have an option in the footer to accept them without having to navigate to the chat window
- Added External Display Safe Mode to developer settings. When enabled, the next time an external display is plugged in Steam Deck will pick a low resolution configuration, which may help in some cases where the external display has issues.
- Increase boot animation max length from 10 seconds to 30 seconds
- Added controller-specific glyphs on the Lock screen
- Don’t show the “switch to desktop” option in the power menu when the lock screen is active.
- Fixed an issue where Steam group chats with long names or descriptions could cause break the layout of the chat screen
- Fixed an issue on the Lock screen where you’d have to dismiss the On-Screen Keyboard manually if you slept the device while it was up
- Fixed invoking the On-Screen-Keyboard while already in a full-screen keyboard input scenario causing bad behavior.
- Fixed a case where the Performance Overlay would still show when set to off.
- Restore the previous behavior of using stick deflection rather than the capacitive sensor for Radial Menus that don’t have center buttons bound
- Fixed an in-game crash
- Fixed an issue with editing command settings from inside the virtual menu screen
Patch notes can also be seen on Steam.
Read other posts