Steam Deck Client Beta Fixes Remote Play, Adds New Gyro Activation Features (Plus SteamOS Update Fixes Resident Evil 4)
Today’s Steam Deck client update (beta) adds fixes for both Steam Input and Remote Play. Additionally, Left and Right Stick Deflection has been added as an option for gyro activation. Patch notes are as follows:
- Fixed controllers being treated as Xbox One controllers by default when defining their layout
- Fixed the L3/R3 buttons not being detected for some third party PS3 controllers
- Added Left and Right Stick Deflection as an option for Gyro Activation Buttons. Stick deflection is no longer considered a part of “Touch” (Cap Sense) on SteamDeck.
- Fixed getting the wrong personalization (colors, etc.) for streaming PS4 controllers
- Fixed streaming Bluetooth controllers not turning off
On top of this, SteamOS (preview) also got a slightly more evil update. A preview channel regression preventing Resident Evil 4 from launching has now been fixed.
Read other posts