Steam Deck Client Beta Adds Rollup of Gifts in QAM, Groups Commands If They’re Attached to the Same Controller Input
New client update out for beta and preview users. Supposedly changing download regions no longer requires a restart, but they still do, based on my testing. A rollup of gifts received has been added to the Quick Access Menu under notifications. Steam Input, desktop Linux, and the virtual keyboard got some fixes as well. Full patch notes are as follows.
- Changing download regions no longer requires restarting the Steam client
- Add a rollup of gifts received in the Quick Access > Notifications area
- Controller configurator now groups commands if they are attached to the same input
- Controller configuration browsing screen can now preview configurations and the selection processes now previews then applies instead of directly selecting the configuration
- Fixed some errors causing the Library not to render properly
- Fix the “Start in Big Picture Mode” setting not updating
- Center the navigation column in the Big Picture Overlay vertically to match the rest of the main menu
- Standalone keyboard can now be brought up outside of Big Picture Mode
- Fixed some issues using the Paste button outside of a web context
Patch notes can also be read on Steam.