Steam Deck Client Beta Fixes Reboot Loop When Updating Broken Steam Install, Adds Controller Settings for Non-Steam Games
New Deck client is out for Beta and Preview users. This fixes the reboot loop that could occur when failing to update a broken Steam install (could this perhaps fix the “brick” situation that I had described last weekend?). The New Big Picture Mode got some improvements as well – Steam controller dongle pairing is now possible, and controllers can be turned off when exiting BPM.
As far as Steam Input, the ThrustMaster eSwap PRO Xbox controller has been added, and the long delay when connecting Razer keyboards should no longer be present. Non-Steam games should now have controller settings in the app properties.
Some other fixes have made it in as well. Full patch notes are as follows:
- Fixed reboot loop when failing to update a broken Steam install
- Changed selected launch option reminder to show three times per user instead of continuing to show every time the user returns to the game details.
- Fixed issues w/ digital navigation getting stuck on text boxes when using a physical keyboard
New Big Picture Mode
- Fixed issue viewing the hardware survey web page after submitting results
- Added option to turn off controllers when exiting BPM
- Implemented Steam Controller dongle pairing
- Added controller setting dropdown for controller idle turn off timeout
- Prevented launch option reminder from appearing on top of other UI while a game is launching
- UI Digital Navigation Key Repeats are faster
- Added support for the ThrustMaster eSwap PRO Controller Xbox
- Fixed long delay at startup when Razer keyboards are connected
- Show controller settings in app properties game for non-Steam games
- Fixed crash with games that use “Windows Gaming Input”
- Gyro Calibration Rework: Calibration Calculates an anti-drift value as normal, but also records Gyro and Accelerometer noise while stationary, so that Auto Calibration (toggle) is more discerning
- Fix instances of Steam freezing or crashing in desktop mode.
- Fix closing non-steam shortcuts via the overlay when two or more are running.
Patch notes can also be read on Steam.