Proton Experimental Adds Compatibility to Minecraft Legends, Improves Elden Ring Compatibility
New Proton Experimental update has come out that fixes a few regressions with Proton 8, adds compatibility to a few more titles, fixes a memory leak with the Ubisoft Connect overlay, improves Elden Ring compatibility, and a few other fixes. Plus, you are no longer a pirate with Babo: Invasion. Apparently the game thought you didn’t buy it previously.
The following titles are now playable:
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Minecraft Legends
- Company of Heroes: Battle of Crete
- STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN
The following regressions from Proton 8 have been fixed:
- Baldur’s Gate 3 no longer launches to a black screen in Vulkan mode.
- Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition and Divinity Original Sin II: Definitive Edition no longer crash on resolution change.
- Path of Exile no longer crashes.
- GTA V no longer freezes after each key press.
- Improved Elden Ring compatibility compared to Proton 8.0-1. It can still be a bit finicky.
- Added a temporary workaround for EA Launcher crashing. Steam Deck’s on-screen keyboard may not pop up automatically while using it.
The following issues have been fixed:
- Fixed Proton Experimental regression causing Payday 2 to crash on start.
- Fixed memory leak in Trackmania and Ubisoft Connect overlay.
- Fixed Madballs in Babo: Invasion claiming the game wasn’t purchased.
- Fixed PlanetSide 2 launcher.
- Fixed Tales of Berseria screen tearing with Vsync enabled.
See the patch notes on GitHub.
Read other posts