Proton 7.0-5 Now Available for Testing, Adds Compatibility for 15 New Titles Including Rift, Re-Volt, and Warhammer: Vermintide 2
Proton 7.0-5 is now available as a release candidate. Included in this update are 15 newly playable titles:
- Unravel 2
- Airborne Kingdom
- Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2
- Aspire: Ina’s Tale
- Battle Realms: Zen Edition
- Deathsmiles II
- Primal Carnage: Extinction
- Pico Park Classic Edition
- Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind
- Darkstar One
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb
Several bugs have been fixed:
- Fix Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered displaying dialog about outdated drivers on AMD systems.
- Fix Final Fantasy IV (3D Remake) having no audio.
- Fix Return to Monkey Island not reacting to mouse clicks after a recent game update.
- Fix upsidedown videos in VRChat and many other games.
- Fix Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies and Multiplayer hanging on exit.
- Fix Bail or Jail Demo crashing when opening the Terms of Serivce.
- Improve GTA V situation with not loading textures.
- Fix Red Dead Redemption 2 crashing after a recent game update.
- Fix Final Fantasy XIV Online launcher functionality after game update.
- Fix OpenXR compatibility with Blacktop Hoops.
- Fix cutscene stutter in Disgaea 5.
- Fix Thrustmaster HOTAS having non-functional dial in Elite Dangerous.
- Fix Planet Zoo randomly crashing.
- Fix SCP: Secret Labratory not being playable after a recent game update (again).
- Fix Tekken 7 crashing at launch.
Network video support was added to The Good Life and VRChat. DXVK was updated to v1.10.3-28-ge3daa699.
To opt-in to this build, you’ll need to enable the visibility of Proton 7.0 in your Steam library (check off “Tools” in the dropdown menu on the top-left). Right-click it and go to Properties, go to the “Betas” tab, then select
release-candidate from the dropdown menu.
Please keep in mind the release candidate thread is limited to issues specific to this release candidate. Also, the changelog is tentative, as it may change before the final release.
In other news, Cyperpunk 2077 got a performance hotfix for the Deck.
Cover image credit: Circle Five Studios