Proton 7.0-3 has now bumped to 7.0-4. Included in this update are seven newly playable titles:
- Aquarist - My First Job
- Chuzzle Deluxe
- Zuma’s Revenge!
- Karmaflow The Rock Opera Videogame - Act I & Act II
- The Rising of the Shield Hero: Relive The Animation
- Disgaea 5
Quite a number of bugs have been fixed, including game-specific fixes for Elden Ring, Final Fantasy XIV, and Civilization IV:
- Fix Elden Ring getting stuck on a white screen on first launch.
- Support automatically bringing up on screen keyboard on Steam Deck in Final Fantasy XIV launcher.
- Fix Final Fantasy XIV launcher exiting silently when there’s not enough space to download the update.
- Fix Chrono Trigger, Adventure Pals crashing during cutscenes.
- Fix The Ball displaying error message on the first launch.
- Fix video playback in: POSTAL: Brain Damaged, Lost Ember.
- Fix Hardspace: Shipbreaker failing to connect to online services.
- Fix Azur Lane: Crosswave hanging on a black screen for some users.
- Fix Dokyusei Bangin’ Summer showing only flickering black window on desktop.
- Fix Bloons TD 6 crashing on touch input.
- Fix Sid Meier’s Civilization IV crashing on world creation.
- Fix Assassin’s Creed Origins hanging during gameplay after recent game update.
- Fix Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Zombies and Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Multiplayer crashing after connecting online.
- Fix graphical glitches in Cossacs 3 on desktop.
- Fix garbled audio in Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.
- Fix Elite Dangerous and other launchers not working properly when cloned displays are present.
Some improvements have been made:
- Implement Vulkan other process rendering (used by nw.js games).
- Improve performance of HROT.
- Improve video playback for many games that previously required targeted hacks.
- Reduce space used by game prefixes if filesystem supports copy on write.
Finally, DXVK has been updated to 1.10.3, which improves GPU performance for Stray, and vkd3d-proton has been updated to 2.6-1-gc05900da. An update should be available to Proton in your Steam library. See the patch notes on GitHub.
Cover image credit: metagamesnews.com