Mesa 23.1 Improves Game Load Times, Reduces Stutter, and Shrinks Shader Cache Size
Mesa 23.1 was released 12 hours ago. While the patch notes haven’t been posted yet, we can get a glimpse of what’s new with this massive update thanks to the article from Phoronix:
- faster game loading times and less in-game stutter
- smaller shader cache – as much as 60% in some cases!
- RadeonSI Rusticl OpenCL support
- support for AMD’s GFX940
- improvements to Zink
- initial support for Intel Meteor Lake
- initial LoongArch CPU support
- Intel Vulkan video support
- a ton of other features
Arch users will likely get this update almost immediately. Fedora users may have to wait a while. And hopefully SteamOS 3.5 will get this upgrade soon, as Steam Deck users will especially benefit from this.
Read other posts