Heroic Games Launcher Gets Massive 2.5.0 Update, Adds Download Manager, Sideloading of Games, HowLongToBeat, Custom Themes, and Plenty More!
Huge congrats to the Heroic team for this, well, heroic release! There’s just so many cool new features, improvements, and bug fixes with the 2.5.0 update, codenamed “Yamato.” The stable update just came out a few hours ago and contains over three months’ worth of changes. Here are the highlights:
- download manager – works similarly to Steam’s download manager; introduced with the first beta
- sideload games and apps, even if they aren’t in your Epic/GOG library
- HowLongToBeat – introduced with beta 3
- custom themes with CSS, along with two new themes
- the ability to add Steam games automatically
- improved game detection from external drives
- revamped Settings and login UI
- improved UI performance, better gamepad navigation
- updates to Legendary and Electron
- tons of other fixes and improvements
See the full patch notes on GitHub
All images are credit of the Heroic Games Launcher team.